Lemon Cottony Cheesecake

All these years, I've been spending so much money in this kind of cheesecake at Melaka shopping mall. It costs about RM$11.00 per cake (6" pan size). Melaka State is about 40+km away from my town and I don't go there very often. So, if my kids are requesting for it then they have to wait ! But, not anymore because I'm actually doing it myself at home and we can eat them fresh from the oven. How nice it is? Oh my godness, it is actually so easy to make.

Ingredients :

(A)
6 egg yolks
50gm butter
250gm cream cheese
100ml fresh milk
1-1/2 tbsp lemon juice +lemon rind
60gm self-raising flour
2 tbsp corn flour
1/4 tspn salt

- melt cream cheese and butter over a double boiler.
- whisk to combine and set aside to cool.
- add in the cream and whisk to combine.
- then add in flour and corn flour to the cheese mixture,
- then follow by egg yolks, lemon juice and salt, whisk till combine.


(B)
6 egg whites
1/4 tspn crfeam of tartar
140gm sugar

- whisk egg whites and cream of tartar untill foamy.
- add in sugar little by little and whisk till peak foam.


Methods :

- preheat oven on 160'c.
- place in the patchment paper on the bottom and side of baking pan.
- gently fold in mixture (B) into mixture (A).
- then pour the mixture into a 8' baking springform pan.
- bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour and 20 mins or untill set at 160'c.

- Make sure that you add in boiling water to the outter layer of baking tray for water bath.
Here is my very first homemade cottony cheesecake. My kids and I finished it in just one day. Ha Ha !! I admit we are such a big fan of this cottony cheesecake. I will definitely make another one on next week.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...