Spiral Kaya Puff 自制加央角

I used to buy these kind of kaya puffs back home whenever I visit my parents. It's my all time favourite. Now, even hubby and the kids are all loving it as well. I have tried many other of our local kaya puffs around here but nothing can compare to those I had back home. So, it's still the best to make my own. I've tried a few recipes and I think this is one which truly satisfied me.

Ingredients for Pastry Dough :
Dough A
230gm all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
1 tbsp milk powder
100gm water
1 small egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp margarine
(mix together flour, salt & milk powder in a big bowl. Stir in water, egg and margarine till form a soft dough. Set aside.)

Dough B
230gm all purpose flour
100gm corn oil
(combine both ingredients and stir to well mix. It should be very soft dough but not sticky.)

Method :
(1) divide into 10 portions each then wrap ingredient B into A, sealed nicely.
(2) further process, please follow here.


(3) divide rolled dough into two portion, place the nicely swirl side downwards.
(4) roll flat into oblong shape.
(5) spread on some kaya jam/coconut custard.


(6) fold dough equally and seal the side.
(7) finally, pleat the side for double sealing.


(8) brush with egg glazing and bake at preheated oven 190'C for 10 mins and again brush with egg for the 2nd round and bake for another 10 mins or untill brown.

I think I have to make one more batch soon. Just can't help it! I just love the look of the spiral shape of the crust and also the crispy texture. I also have one more version back then. Hope you will like it too. Enjoy!
*
I'm sending this to Shaz @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday event.
(snack, appertizer, pastry)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...