Danish Dream Cake ~ Drommekage fra Brovst
(recipe adapted here)
1 tspn vanilla paste / essence
250gm all purpose flour
3 tspn baking powder
50gm butter, melted
(1) beat ingredients (A) till fluffy & pale then stir in ingredients (B) alternately with ingredients (C) till everything combined.
(2) pour batter to a 9x13" tray lined with greaseproof paper & bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 20-25 mins.
(3) prepare the top mixture while the cake is still in the oven.
Ingredients for coconut topping :
300gm fresh young coconut, grated
250gm brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla paste
125gm butter, softened
(combine all ingredients to form soft paste)
(4) spread the coconut mixture to the top of the cake once it's ready, straight from the oven.
(5) then place it back to the oven and bake for another 10 mins at 220'C.
(6) once it's done, cooled & keep refrigerated overnight before slicing.