Matcha Pineapple Roll

At last, I baked something for the coming Chinese New Year. Though my family is not celebrating it this year due to my father in law passing, we still having the reunion dinner on New Year eve and enjoying the moment as usual...... without my father in law. I bet my mother in law missed him dearly. She has been crying almost everyday for the past couple of months. Oh well, life goes on ! This green tea pineapple roll is actually inspired by SCS dairy Chinese New Year special. I haven't been baking much lately and this green tea pineapple roll is totally an inspiration. Luckily, I still have some green tea powder in hand and what am I waiting for ! It only took me an hour to complete everything. Goody....goody....goody.....

My favourite green turns out so pretty refreshing ! I just love them.

Ingredients for Green Tea pastry dough :
250gm  butter, softened
60gm   icing sugar
2 egg yolk
320gm  all purpose flour
15gm  green tea powder

Fillings  :  600gm  pineapple jam (recipe as here & here)

Method :
(1)  cream butter and icing sugar till pale in colour then beat in egg yolk till creamy smooth.
(2)  next, fold in flour & green tea powder and mix well. Do not over mix the dough.
(3)  let pastry dough rest for 10 minutes.
(4) place dough into pastry mould press and press dough onto working table then add in pineapple jam fillings.
(5) roll dough like swiss roll then place roll up pastry onto baking tray lined with parchment paper.
(6) brush egg wash onto pastry then bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 20-25 minutes.

These are super tasty pineapple rolls with my favourite green. I've tried the pandan coconut pineapple rolls as well, they are as superb ! No regret at all ! You should try it out too. >o<

Hereby, I would like to wish all my readers a very HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. Enjoy & have loads of fun ! GONG XI GONG XI

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...