Roasted Green Curry Chicken 泰式綠咖哩烤鸡肉

Its been a hectic week and has been busy travelling. I really have no energy to prepare a big meal for my family. However, I think they already had enough of big meals at my parents' place and my mother in law's place. Hubby and the kids still prefer light meal that I used to prepare. So, I decided to make something exotic and easy to prepare for them and for myself as well. What an excuse !!!! haha......  Please read on if you're interested.

And here's what I did.
Ingredients green curry paste :
5-6  cilantro plant including roots & leaves
2 inches   fresh galangal root / blue ginger, sliced
6 garlic cloves, skinned
6  shallots, sliced
4 stalks   lemongrass (take only the white bottom part)
15  green bird eye chilies
a small piece of shrimp paste (belacan)
1 TB   coriander powder, slightly toasted
1/2 TB  cumin powder, slightly toasted
1  kaffir lime zest

Method :  Blend everything into fine paste then set aside

For mild flavour curry, replaced bird eye chilies with green chilies and seeded.



Ingredients :
3 whole chicken leg
3 stalk   lemongrass, take only the white bottom part & smashed
250ml  thick coconut milk
2  lime juice
2 TB  brown sugar
1 TB  fish sauce
salt to taste
3-4  kaffir leaves, thinly sliced
a handful of basil leaves

Method :
(1)  marinade chicken with half portion of blended paste overnight or at least 2 hours
(2)  put together coconut milk, lime juice, sugar, salt, fish sauce & the remaining green curry paste to blend till cooperated.

(3)  now, place lemon grass & marinated chicken into baking tray then add in the blended coconut mixture & kaffir leaves. Cover tray with an aluminium foil.
(4) then bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 30 minutes, remove the foil and reduce heat to 180'C, continue baking for another 45 minutes or till the meat became tender.

Finally, add in basil leaves and its ready to serve.


I am truly surprised that my family loving it especially my boy. Hubby took the last piece of the meat and polish off the gravy as well. Its not easy to satisfy this picky kampung guy and I am grateful that he at least enjoying it very much.  Thank goodness ! Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy & have a great week ahead everyone. And at the same time, wishing all my readers a very Happy Chop Goh Mei. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...