Braised Pumpkin In Coconut Milk 马来风味椰浆南瓜

Happy 2018 to all my readers !!! Gosh, I've been extremely busy for the past few weeks. Just sent my boy in to the college and my girl is about to complete her internship. So, have to help her to shift her stuff back home again this weekend. She'll be going back to Uni in another month then finally going to complete her studies by June 2018. Phewww....... my girl is going to graduate this June. Just imagine how time flies !  I hardly cook for past few weeks. Finally, I can spend some time cooking one of my favourite dish this evening. The weather has been unexpectedly cold these few days. The rain started since Wednesday and it is still raining non stop till today. It doesn't look like it going to stop though. Hopefully, no flood this year ! 



Ingredients :
1 small pumpkin, skinned & cut into bite size
100gm  cabbage, cut small
1/2 cup  thick coconut milk
2 cups  water
salt to taste
1 tspn   granules
1 pieces  turmeric leaf, thinly sliced
2 stalk  lemongrass, take only the white part & roughly smashed

Ingredients for pounded paste :
2 shallots
3  garlic cloves
1/2 " ginger, sliced
6  bird eye chilies
1"  turmeric, sliced
(pound all ingredients into paste)

Method :
(1)  preheat wok with enough cooking oil then stir in lemongrass and pounded paste, let to saute till fragrant.
(2)  now, add in water and coconut milk, let to boil for 10 minutes then add in pumpkin & cabbage and switch to medium heat. Let to cook till pumpkin turn tender. Add in extra water if possible.
(3)  once its done, stir in salt & granules and turmeric leaf and let to cook for another 5 minutes. Finally, off the heat and serve.

Glad that I can enjoy some comfort food at home this moment with my hoodie on. LOL.... How about you guys !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...